Last week I started a fun Growth Hacking project about a trendy subject. We’re just a team of two so-called Digital Marketing guys 😂 But after a week here is what Le Hoang and I have achieved:
⚡A Facebook Group of 672 highly active members that keeps growing organically. The most engaged post has 50 Comments, 47 Likes and 395 Views.
⚡A Facebook Fan Page of 358 Likes that keeps growing organically. The most engaged post reached 2107 people, has 310 Likes, 15 comments and 3 shares.
⚡An informative, fully functional, SEO-friendly website whose daily traffic keeps growing organically. Today’s traffic is about 200. Total sessions in 6 days is 900 (excluding internal and spam traffic), total pageviews 2,772. Pages/ session is 3.08, average session duration approximately 5 minutes! Bounce rate is 47.39%. New sessions account for 67.41%. 55.5% traffic is from Organic Search (Google), 37% from Social (Facebook).
⚡Top ranking on SERP (Search Engine Result Page). #1, #2, #3 for important keywords and top ten for many related keywords.
Not too shabby a result in a short time, huh 😊 Here’s how we did it:
- Identified the trend and its potential. Immediately purchased the domain with Exact Match keyword.
- Set up Facebook Business Manager. Set up Facebook Group with Exact Match + Phrase match keywords. Update Group’s URL to Exact Match keyword.
- Set up Facebook Fan Page with Exact Match + Phrase Match keywords. Update Page’s URL to Exact Match keyword.
- Linked Group and Fan Page together.
- Wrote slogan, Call-to-Action, short description, long descriptions with keywords.
- Posted 10-15 informative posts to the Group and the Fan Page so that they didn’t look empty.
- Keyword and LSI keyword research.
- Set up a Website: although it was setup in just a couple of hours, it actually looks pretty good. On-Site SEO is on point with clear site structure, easy-to-navigate menu, strong CTAs, fast loading. Meta Title & descriptions with both Exact Match and Broad Match keywords, Social sharing and Facebook Page/ Group/ Comment integration enabled, SSL/ HTTPS & secutity options installed, Other domains redirect to the primary domain, 3 fresh optimized posts published to the website.
- Registered website to Google Web Master. Submit site map so the website could be indexed by Google a.s.a.p.
- Set up and configurated Google Analytics with filters for internal and spam traffic.
- Installed Facebook Pixel on website.
- Set up 2 Facebook Ad Campaigns: one for boosting Fan Page Likes and the other for growing Group members. Setup A/B testing with various Ad sets and Ad creative. The purpose is to use Promotion to accelerate growth in the early stage. Unfortunately, our Ad Account was deactivated by Facebook just after one and a half day. Anyway, the budget was tiny. Growth mainly replied on organic sources.
- Consistently shared interesting posts on Fan Page & Group to encourage discussion and engagement.
From Day 3 to Day 7:
- Website already appeared on top ranking thanks to Exact Match domain and on-page SEO (The Search Analytics hasn’t kept up with our latest rankings though).
- Continue both On-site and Off-site optimization. Constantly wrote/ compiled new, valuable blog posts and published them on website. Then shared on Fan Page & Group.
- Be active and responsive to fans’ comments and questions. Redirected fans and curious users to relevant posts on website to drive traffic.
- Established our Page & Group as an authoritarian source in the field where people could seek information, advice and support. High quality content is crucial!
- Started growing traffic and building a diverse backlink portfolio. Good places to share contents and spread links include social media, groups, forums, online newspapers, blogs, Youtube (Medium, Quora, Reddit, Tumble, StumbleUpon are not relevant for this project unfortunately). Do-follow are the best, but no-follow are still good as they send signals to Google. Used a mixture of both naked URL and keyword anchor texts for maximum link juices.
So that’s how we digitally grow-hack a project from zero to quite impressive numbers of fans, followers, members and traffic in less than a week!